Are you looking for a trusted, proven alloy wheel repair specialist in West, North or South Yorkshire? The Wheel Guru has worked tirelessly to establish ourselves as the number one choice for repairs to alloy wheels in the region. We operate with outstanding customer service and workmanship as priorities. The stunning results produced by our Leeds-based technicians sees us welcome motorists from Bradford to York, and from Harrogate to Huddersfield.
With a fully equipped workshop and decades of trade experience, let us find a fast, effective and affordable solution tailored to your specific needs. From a single alloy wheel to a fleet of vehicles, our friendly, professional team is here to help.
Whereas alloy wheel refurbishment services return dirty or superficially damaged wheels back to their former glory, alloy wheel repair focuses on safety and functionality. Motorists must repair any wheel that suffers significant damage to the rim as quickly as possible. This usually occurs as a result of kerbing, driving over a pothole, making a mistake while parking or grazing another object while in motion. Subsequent damage usually comes in the form of cracked or buckled alloys and scratch marks.
Below, we have explored the alloy wheel repair process in more detail. If you live or work in Leeds, or neighbouring areas like Bradford, Harrogate, Huddersfield and York, please contact us. We happily discuss repair work of any kind, no matter the size or complexity.
When it comes to repairing alloy wheels, particularly structural work, you must use a company with the required skills, experience and equipment. This ensures all work meets industry-leading standards, making your wheels and, by extension, your car as a whole, fit for use.
At The Wheel Guru, we use multiple methods to cover a broad range of alloy wheel repairs. These include CNC machining, sandblasting, powder coating and alloy wheel straightening.
While your repair work will differ slightly from other services for motorists in Bradford, Harrogate, Huddersfield and York, our Leeds-based team usually follow these simple, efficient steps:
• Removal of wheels from the vehicle before deflating tyres
• Removal of tyres from the wheel
• Wheels then placed in acid to remove old paint
• Wheels removed and washed with a hot pressure washer
• Using a variety of techniques, we perform the necessary alloy wheel repair
• Priming of the rim with powder coat to prevent future corrosion
• We then bake the wheels at 180 degrees for 10 minutes
• Primer then ‘flatted’ out, ensuring a smooth finish
• Rims painted with a water-based base coat in a colour of your choice from a range of thousands
• Wheels baked under the infra-red light
• We then spray on a clear powder coat lacquer and bake for a further 10 minutes for a sleek, resilient finish
• Tyres and new valves are then fitted back on the wheels
• Tyres are then inflated to the correct pressure
• Wheels are then placed onto our state of the art balancing machine
• And finally, the wheels are fitted back on the car
To ensure your safety on the roads of Bradford, Harrogate, Huddersfield, York and the wider Yorkshire area, our Leeds-based technicians torque up wheel nuts to recommended levels. We then carry out a final inspection before declaring your vehicle as ready to drive.
The specifics of your alloy wheel repair process depends on the type of wheels you have and the severity of the damage to them. We advise the most appropriate course of action based on your own requirements and offer cost-effective rates to perform the necessary work.